Technology Notes and ProjectsThis section contains a variety of notes of technical nature, that have been collected over the years.
These are quite dated and come from various uni project/assignments from the early 2000's, when I completed an undergraduate degree of Bachelor of Computer Engineering / Computer Science, at the University of Newcastle, Australia.
In the past, I have also done various design and programming projects on a private contract basis, but these are confidential in nature.
- ASIC Design for Signal Processing : Final year honours project, completed with Bell Labs Australia. (2002)
- Design of a temperature sensor : This was from an assignment where the aim was to use the thermal properties of transistor junctions to produce a linear output representing the temperature, with a hysteresis style logic signal to warn of overheating. (2000)
- Office Security System : A design project to implement a security system using an 8085A microprocessor, and various bits of hardware interfaced to the motherboard. (1999)
- Java Applets : From some introduction to Software Engineering subjects (1999)
How Things Work
- Digital Subscriber Loop : A brief overview of how (older) DSL and ADSL technologies use standard telephone lines to deliver high bandwidth data transfer. (2000)
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) : What it does and How it works : From 1998 (so rather dated)